Crunchtime’s Survivor Pool
Also known as an Eliminator or Knockout Pool, our Survivor Pool is the ultimate “Win or Go Home” challenge. Players compete by picking one NFL team each week that they believe will win their game. Guess correctly and move on. Guess wrong and you are out for the year. We play double elimination, so you do have a second chance. Plus, the true challenge of Survivor Pools is that once you pick a team, you can never choose them again. So, choose wisely and good luck!
Join The Pool
If you are interested in joining, contact us. The pool is open for all who are interested. We play on Yahoo, so you will need an invitation code or invite link to enter.
- Each week, pick 1 NFL team who you think will win (no point spread involved and ties count as losses)
- Once you pick a team, you may never use that same team again.
- Pick deadlines are Sundays at 12:00 PM CST
- This is double-elimination. So, after 2 misses, you are out.
- We have a winner when there is only 1 player left or when the regular season ends (if multiple people are left).
Winning it all
- Winner shall receive 80% of the prize pool
- 2nd Place receives remaining 20% of the prize pool
*If at the end of the regular season there is more than one player left, the tie breaker will be the number of games lost within the survivor pool, (either 0 or 1). If multiple people have 0 losses, the entire pot will be split among them. If it ends with one player at 0 losses and multiple players with 1 loss, the player with 0 losses wins the 80% and the ones with 1 loss split the 20%.
We have been running this Survivor Pool since 2003. Some seasons ended early and others went the distance. However, all have been very entertaining.
The 2020 season was one where many players hung on until the end. We had many finish with one miss, but to their dismay, we had two finish with a perfect season. Congrats to “Romeo” and “Survive 2020 CF” on going 17-0.
Our first season was perhaps the craziest. Our pool started small with just 13 players and 9 of them got their Week 1 pick wrong! Most players were eliminated by week 5. Here is a snapshot from that wild inaugural year.